Each year, Conception Abbey and Tri-C Partners 4 Progress partner together to make Christmas morning a little brighter for local families. For seven years, the #GivingTuesday event has been a highlight of the holiday season, raising money and collecting donations that will be used to purchase gifts and other items for local families in need.
The Conception Gift Shop will be open. Cookies and cocoa will be provided.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Bring an item to donate to a family in need (adult & children’s clothing, gifts cards, toys, cash).
- Help decorate a Christmas tree that will be given to our adopted families.
- Bring nonperishable food items or personal hygiene items to donate to our local food banks.
- Help us gift wrap donated items.
- Bring baby items for area mothers that are in need of assistance.
- Help us decorate ornaments for the trees.
- Help us make hand-tie fleece blankets and stuff teddy bears for our adopted families.
- Send a Christmas card to those alone or without family during the holiday season.
- Bring stocking stuffer items for children of all ages and adults.
If you can’t join us for the event, you can still support our partners and us throughout the year. You can also help promote giving on #GivingTuesday through social media and tell others about how you are giving this holiday season.