The Greater Maryville Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic and driven individual to lead the Chamber and License Bureau.
The primary responsibility of this position is two-fold: to act as a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers in Maryville and Nodaway County, and to plan and execute several major events sponsored by the Chamber.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the role of a Chamber of Commerce and working with non-profit organizations, as well as have some related experience such as working with a Board of Directors. This individual should be dynamic and goal-oriented, organized, and possess strong communication and leadership skills. The candidate must be professional and express enthusiasm for events planning and business relations. Knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter and other similar programs required. Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Quick Books, and Google Business required. The Executive Director will be responsible for Event Planning, Membership Services, Administrative Duties, and Public Relations that include, but are not limited to:
· Serving as coordinator, advisor, membership recruiter, and member advocate,
· Attending local, regional & statewide meetings representing the Chamber and the community,
· Ensuring compliance in accordance with the Bylaws,
· Managing all functions of the office and organization, including budgeting, financial reporting and project management,
· Coaching, management and development of office personnel,
· Leading, working directly with and serving on committees to fund, plan and implement special events – including the Annual Banquet, Great Northwest Day, Farm City Banquet, Leadership Maryville, Semi Annual Legislative Coffees, Candidate Forums and others,
· Creating and maintaining partnerships with community organizations for events and activities,
· Working to coordinate and execute membership drives and member recruitment, while maintaining member retention,
· Building & nurturing relationships with individuals and businesses in the community,
· Manage and oversee the Maryville License Bureau, including HR tasks, ensuring state compliance, AND
· Planning and preparation of agendas for monthly board, membership luncheons, committee meetings and similar events,
· Presenting programs and implementing the decisions of the Board of Directors,
· Coordinating all media communications, including website development and updates, media interviews, marketing promotion of all Chamber events and happenings and social media management,
· Attending all Chamber events and meetings,
· Carry out the strategic goals, including mission and vision, as specified by the Chamber Board, AND
· Other duties as designated by the Board or Board President
Total compensation is competitive and negotiable. Interested applicants should submit their resume, references and cover letter to Gentry Martin, President of the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday July 22, 2021. More information about the Greater Maryville Chamber of Commerce can be found at www.maryvillechamber.com.