61tst Annual Farm-City Banquet to be Held March 3, 2023
The Greater Maryville Chamber of Commerce is proud to celebrate the local agricultural community with a steak and egg breakfast for its 61st Annual Farm-City Banquet. The event will be March 3 at Northwest Missouri State University’s Agricultural Learning Center on the R.T. Wright Farm. Breakfast will be served at 8 am. Prior to breakfast, there will be a shared social gathering coinciding with The Chamber’s First Friday Coffee. Chamber members attending the coffee are encouraged to purchase a ticket and stay for breakfast and awards.
Nodaway County has strong agricultural roots. The Farm-City Banquet not only celebrates those roots, but also honors progress in the agricultural industry. Its program includes award presentations to an outstanding farm family, woman in agriculture, farm youth, conservationist, and advocate. Missouri Century Farms, Extension Honor Roll Members and Nodaway County Agriculture Hall of Fame Inductees will also be recognized. To nominate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to February 10th. The Chamber is currently seeking community nominations (deadline is Feb 10) for the following awards:
• Agriculture Hall of Fame, sponsored by MU Extension
• Outstanding Conservationist, sponsored by Nodaway County Soil & Water
• Outstanding Farm Family, sponsored by MU Extension
• Outstanding Farm Advocate, sponsored by Chamber Ag Committee
• Outstanding Farm Woman, sponsored by Maryville Host Lions Club
• Outstanding Farm Youth, sponsored by Maryville Rotary Club
To make a nomination, please contact the Chamber by calling 660-582-8643 or emailing email@example.com. Nominations will be distributed to award sponsors for selection.